Reintegration PolicyIn the wake of COVID we have a detailed policy for reintegration. Please familiarize yourself with our policy below.
Techniques in Motion School of Dance Reintegration Policy
Throughout this difficult time the main priority is the health and safety of our students, staff, and dance families. In this document we will cover our new policies for reopening the studio safely. Techniques In Motion School of Dance plans to reopen for in studio classes on Monday August 17, 2020 to begin our new 2020-2021 dance season. We will follow CDC guidelines and local recommendations to the best of our ability. The studio will be cleaned and sanitized regularly, as well as in-between classes. Please review these guidelines with your dancer. Please be sure to inform all other parents, guardians, friends, or family members that may bring your student to class of the below stated new policies. This situation is constantly evolving and changing so please pay close attention to studio emails and our social media to be notified of any changes.
We are so excited to be re-opening Monday August 17, 2020! We have dearly missed your dancers and hope that your families have stayed safe during these challenging times!!
Please read over the precautions & watch our reintegration video. It is our mission to keep dancers safe upon return to dance class! This may be a different experience for everyone, but we are striving in every way possible to make this positive & successful! With your cooperation the studio can have a successful re-opening!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Studio Policies:
These are a few new policies that we have put in place to support the safety of our students and staff. We have looked at this through the eyes of a teacher, a student & a parent!
– NO One will be allowed in studio if sick or feeling unwell or have had a fever within the last 48 hours.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
– NO parents, guests, siblings, or family members will be allowed into studio; lobby and observation hallway will be closed. Only students and staff will be allowed into studio.
– All employees will be required to wear masks (state mandated) while interacting with students and families.
– Water fountains will be turned off. Students must bring their own water to class. Our public lobby bathroom will be closed; students may use the classroom restroom. Restrooms will be sanitized after each use; antibacterial soap is provided.
– Benches and chairs have been removed from lobby and hallway.
– Dancers will need to limit personal items brought into the studio; bring small dance bag with only the essentials.
– Spaces will be marked in the dance rooms 6 ft apart.
STATE MANDATED Masks
Masks for all dancers, all teachers & staff are required. We appreciate you having this conversation with your dancer, or anyone bringing your dancer to TIM, prior to coming to TIM School of Dance for classes!
– Classes will start APPROXIMATELY 5-10 minutes after scheduled class time and classes will end APPROXIMATELY 5-10 minutes early; this will allow time for the classrooms and restrooms to be sanitized in-between classes, students to be screened, and for attendance to be taken.
–Please arrive to the studio 5 to 10 minutes before your scheduled class time, and 5 to 10 minutes before the end of class to pick up your dancer.
– Parent please disinfect dance shoes with Lysol spray before bringing students to class
From Car to Class and Class to Car:
Bringing dancers into class:
– There will be designated places (marked with chalk) where dancers and ONE parent /guardian will wait for the class to begin. Please wait in the line that is in front of the door in which dancer will enter for class. For example, if dancers’ class is in the 3rd dance room then they will stand in the line in front of dance room #3. In this line the student’s temperature and attendance will be taken. If the weather is hot, we will allow dancer only to step inside the studio to have temperature taken. Students temperature must be below 100 degrees Fahrenheit to be allowed into studio.
– The front section of the parking lot and drive through area will be closed off to allow room for social distancing. Please drive safely!
– Young dancers (ages 6 and younger) or dancers requiring additional assistance will need to have ONE parent or guardian wait with them outside until their class time; all other dancers can wait in line with or without a parent or guardian depending on their comfort level. In the event of rain, we will adjust studio entry protocol.
– Students should arrive already wearing their dance attire but have dance shoes in a personal bag upon arrival. All other dance shoes should be in students dance bag.
– We ask that older dancers please stretch prior to coming into the studio so the focus of the class time will be on
In the classroom:
– When entering the studio all students will receive hand sanitizer; please notify us of any allergies, handwashing can be offered in place of sanitizer.
– Dancers will be appropriately distanced from each other during class time; with marks on the floor indicating appropriate places to stand.
– Dancers will have no physical contact; any props in classroom will be disinfected after each use.
– Dancers will be provided a spot to place their dance bags and other belongings along the classroom walls to allow social distancing.
– Classes will end APPROXIMATELY 5-10 minutes early to allow staff to clean.
– Parents please arrive to the pickup zone in the back alley 10 minutes before class time ends.
– Dancers will be exiting out of the back doors to maintain social distancing and to allow the next class to come into the front door.
– The instructor will escort the students one by one to pick up zone, while assistants are preparing studio for next class.
– If students have back to back classes and are moving to another classroom the dancer will be escorted by an employee into their next classroom; if the dancer requires help changing shoes, the instructor will disinfect hands before & after assistance
– If dancer has a break in-between classes, the parent or guardian will be required to pick student up and wait with them until next class.
– If a student is not picked up on time an employee/assistant will escort them to the outside front desk where they will wait with the desk receptionist
All classes will be on FB live during their class time. Parents may ask to be added to the private group or groups for the classes their dancers are enrolled in to observe their dancers’ class or if the dancer is absent from class, they can take the class from home. If dancer is observing class remotely the parent should contact us to let us know so we will not count them as absent. These classes will remain on that FB group page for future use. Each group is private to protect the privacy of our teachers and students. This is being offered as a courtesy to our dance families, but please be aware that there could be technical difficulties and we may not be able to assist you during your dancer’s class time.
Dance Parents may ask to be added to FB groups for the classes their dancers are enrolled in to observe their dancers’ class or if the dancer is absent from class, they can take the class from home. If dancer is observing class remotely the parent should contact us to let us know so we will not count them absent. These classes will remain on that FB group page for future use. This is being offered as a courtesy to our dance families until we can allow in studio viewing
Please be aware that there could be technical difficulties and instructor will not be able to assist you during your dancer’s class time.
How to Join:
1. Type in the title of class exactly as listed on our class schedule in Jackrabbit or on studio website into Facebook search bar: Title of Class-TIM for example Acro 1-TIM
2. Once you see the group you are looking for request to join and one of us will approve you.
Tuition will be the same for dancers continuing to take classes with us virtually & not in the studio.
We want to ensure you that we have done everything within our power to provide dance instruction as safely as possible. We have trustworthy teachers and staff who prioritize the health and safety of your dancers. Again, please discuss these new polices with your dancer and anyone who may bring or pick up your dancer from the studio.
These new policies will be effective Monday August 17, 2020
Monthly Tuition/Registration fees: Any cash or check payment should be brought in a sealed envelope; card payment is preferred.
Please continue to check your email and the studios social media for changes and updates. Thank you for your support, patience & cooperation! We look forward to seeing everyone soon, but in the meantime, we hope this finds you and your loved ones safe. *NOTE: These policies may be adjusted depending on class size and CDC guidelines. Please understand that this could change due to the future weeks with COVID-19. We will keep you updated via email with any changes as they come.
**Please watch our reintegration video for more information:
**********Correction – video states that masks are suggested, but they are required per state mandate**********