Shining the Spotlight on our monthly news!
APRIL 2017 NEWSLETTER
Address: 5543-100 Carolina Beach Road Wilmington, NC 28412
Voted “Favorite Dance Classes” 2009 by Kidz Ink Readers
A warm welcome is extended to all new & returning TIM students and families for our August-May Dance session. Thank you for supporting the business, its dance education curriculum and instructors!
Sincerely, Ms. Terrie & TIM Staff
**FACEBOOK: Please join our FB Group & Page to “Like” us on Face Book!
**We also have a Tender Techniques FB page to buy & sell tender dance attire & shoes.
Carolina Shag & East Coast Swing Classes
Carolina Shag & East Coast Swing Classes
- Instructor Patricia Carver Garcia
- Mondays 715 pm 6 week program
- One hour Class starting April 17. No partner necessary!
- Ages 16 & up welcome
- Fee$100 PER COUPLE (one of each gender) or $60 per person
- Payable cash or check to Patricia Carver Garcia
- Get Fit for Summer and Have Fun!
- Learning the Basics and Beyond of Carolina Shag and East Coast Swing !!!
- Come Dance with us to your favorite Beach and Boogie Music
“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” Walt Disney
Happy April Birthdays!
- Mrs. Jennifer 4/1
- Emma Graham 4/1
- Mrs. Malinda 4/2
- Emily Nestasia 4/2
- Hailey Taylor 4/5
- Kailey Towne 4/6
- Landyn Warren 4/9
- Harper Sellers 4/11
- Abigail Carpenter 4/12
- Lily Raper 4/12
- Addison Coniglio 4/13
- Kaley Fantini 4/14
- Natalie Burch 4/17
- Rylee Mincey 4/18
- Phoebe Martin 4/22
- Parker Stein 4/22
- Grace Stallings 4/23
- Cassie Chienyuen 4/27
- Sabrina Karras 4/27
- Ava Rosales 4/28
- Elle Harris 4/29
- Payton Grooms 4/30
Support your TIM Dancer
Please see receptionist to place orders for all TIM Merchandise
- NEW TIM HATS!!!! ON DISPLAY IN STUDIO LOBBY $20 EACH
- TIM Water bottles $5.00 each Personalized with dancers name for an additional $3. Cash only please. (LIMITED SUPPLY)
- TIM T-shirts: Sample shirts on display. $25.00 each all styles & sizes
- Ladies V-neck sizes available S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Girls V-neck size available XS, S, M, L, XLC
- Adult Crew sizes available S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL, 4XL
- Boys Crew sizes available S, M, L
- TIM Dance bags: $5 each
- Car Decals to support your TIM Dancer
- Choose design from options posted on bulletin board. Place order at front desk with receptionist with design & name desired (For example: dancer’s name, dancer mom, dancer dad, dance family, etc).
- Any name possible! $10 each or 2 for $15
TIM has added a Testimonials page to our website. Please tell us about your experience or the service that you have received at any time. We appreciate your feedback and want to make sure we have met your expectations and provide you with a satisfying dance experience. We ALWAYS welcome your comments, questions or suggestions! Please email testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“CAUGHT IN THE ACT” OF MOTION: UNSUNG HEROES
Each month we will recognize any person of any age in our studio environment, family member, dancers, friend, parent, etc. that we may have “Caught in the act” of kindness in our studio environment. The UNSUNG HEROES of the dance school that demonstrate random acts of genuine kindness or generosity to others. These people do not usually receive public recognition but their giving souls’ contributions are truly appreciated. This month’s UNSUNG HEROS are All Company moms that help one another & each other’s children @ competition (nominated by Tiffany Williams)
Upcoming Date Announcements
- Azalea Festival Parade 2017 – Techniques In Motion School of Dance families are invited to join us in the Azalea Festival Parade Downtown Wilmington THIS WEEKEND Saturday April 8, 2017. For details please refer to email or see receptionist.
- Spring Break closings April 10-15 Happy Easter! – We hope your Easter is filled with hope, peace, and brightness.
- Recital Q & A Session @ TIM School of Dance – Ms. Terrie will hold a recital question & answer session for all TIM Dance families that are new to the Recital event on Friday April 28 @ 6pm. The entire process will be discussed to help make the event run smoothly and to answer any rehearsal or recital questions you may have.
- Techniques in Motion School of Dance 2018 Calendar – The week of May 1st -6th Long time studio supporter & photographer Ms. Kathleen O’Sullivan of katophotographywilm will be in all dance classes taking photos to be used for a 2018 Techniques In Motion Calendar. If you would like for your dancer to have an opportunity to be in the calendar please make sure they are in proper dance attire with no logos (male dancers please wear solid shirts & pants) and hair secured from face. All who participate must be enrolled in TIM Dance classes, parents will be asked to complete a model release form and will be entered into a drawing to receive a FREE Calendar! Drawing will be held after calendars are complete. TBD You may opt out of having your dancers picture taken by tying a red ribbon of any sort around their wrist so she will know not photograph them. To view some of her work please visit katophotographywilm.com. Sample calendar located in lobby.
- Recital Group & Individual Photo Session May 5 & 6. – See Schedule posted in studio, sent in email & posted in the photography tab below.
- Recital Ads Recital Program Ads Due Friday May 12. Ad forms ready at front desk on April 17th. More information at later date.
- Techniques In Motion School of Dance Spring Recital 2017 – May 25-27, 2017 – For detailed Spring Recital Information PLEASE VISIT http://www.techniquesinmotion.com/recital/
- TIM Performing Company Auditions 2017-2018 Team – Company Auditions will be held at the dance school May 30th & 31st. Auditions are for Junior and Elite levels for Tap, Jazz, Contemporary and/or Hip-Hop Companies. Must Audition in Ballet in order to have membership in Jazz, Tap, and/or Contemporary. For the Ballet audition, you must wear a leotard, tights, ballet shoes, and hair secured away from face. No ballet audition is required for Hip Hop company. All Mini and Petite levels are by invitation only. Must receive a new invite to remain on team. Invites will go out early May. If you are interested in speaking with instructors about placement next season, please feel free to send us email to set up appointment.
- Techniques In Motion School of Dance Summer Dance 2017 – Current dance season ends at Recital but we do offer Summer Dance classes!
- June 5-July 28
- Schedules now available at front desk and online registration is also available.
- Recreational Summer programs offer the opportunity to try a new discipline or continue training, make new friends & stay in shape.
- Classes offered: Technique Classes, *Discovery Motion (Age 2 tap & ballet), *Tumble In Motion (Acrobatics Ages 2-3), *Hippity Hop (Preschool Hip-Hop Ages 3-5), *Hip-Hop (Krumping, Locking & Popping), *Ballroom (Latin, Rhythm, Swing & Senior), *Improv (Jazz, Contemporary, Tap Accents, Performance Hip-Hop), *Boys ONLY Hip-Hop, *Beginner Cheerleading, *Musical Theatre, *Contemporary, *Open Ballet, *Acrobatics, *Lyrical, *Ballet, *Jazz, *Tap
Techniques In Motion School of Dance Spring Recital 2017 | May 25-27, 2017
For Spring Recital Information please check out our detailed recital page here. NOTE! Spring Recital Costumes have been ordered for all participating & paid dancers. Recital dance choreography has begun in all classes. Please have dancers present for all classes.
Recital Line up for Recreational Dance Classes held at Kenan Auditorium:
Show 1- Friday at 5:30pm- May 26, 2017
- Mandatory Dress Rehearsal Thursday May 25, 2017 4:00-5:30pm
- Monday Age 3-4 Ballet
- Monday Age 3-4 Tap
- Tuesday Age 5-6 Ballet (Yellow Room)
- Tuesday Age 5-6 Tap (Yellow Room)
- Monday Age 7-8 Jazz
- Monday Age 7-8 Tap
- Monday Age 7-8 Ballet
- Thursday Age 7-8 Hip Hop
- Monday Acro 1
- Wednesday Musical Theater
Show 2- Saturday at 1:00pm- May 27, 2017
- Mandatory Dress Rehearsal Thursday May 25, 2017 5:30-7:00pm
- Monday Age 2 Discovery Motion Ballet
- Monday Age 2 Discovery Motion Tap
- Tuesday Age 5-6 Jazz
- Tuesday Age 5-6 Tap (Purple Room)
- Tuesday Age 5-6 Ballet (Purple Room) Adult Tap
- Tuesday Age 5-6 Hip Hop
- Monday Age 9-11 Hip Hop
- Monday Age 7-11 Lyrical
- Wednesday Age 9-11 Ballet
- Wednesday Age 9-11 Tap
- Wednesday Age 9-11 Jazz
Show 3- Saturday at 5:30pm- May 27, 2017
- Mandatory Dress Rehearsal Thursday May 25, 2017 7:00-8:30pm
- Wednesday Age 3-4 Ballet
- Wednesday Age 3-4 Tap
- Wednesday Age 3-4 Hippity Hop
- Monday Teen Tap
- Monday Teen Ballet
- Tuesday Teen Hip Hop
- Wednesday Teen Lyrical
- Wednesday Teen Jazz
- Monday Acro 2-4
- Wednesday Pointe
- Saturday Age 3-5 Ballet
Be a TIM “Wish Champion” Make A Wish 2017
Please help us achieve our goal to grant a single wish for a child in Eastern NC battling life-threatening medical conditions!!!! To make a wish come true Donate by visiting TIM Make A Wish page or make any monetary donation at the front desk and receive a MAKE A WISH STAR with your dancers name proudly displayed in studio so all may see your families support!!!
If interested in products to promote a healthier lifestyle for you or your children please visit website: juiceplus.com, see information in studio lobby or email Mrs. Jennifer at email@example.com
Scentsy offers a safer alternate to traditional candles! No flame, No smoke, No soot & No lead! All of our wax is made with Food grade paraffin wax and all products are gluten, toxic and animal cruelty free!! Scentsy now has so much more to offer other than wax & warmers!! Located at the front of the studio are Catalogs for you to browse, Samples for you to try & business cards! For any product questions– contact Miss Hayley directly or grab a business card with all of her information on it!! (910) 431-5434
Additional Studio Services
DANCE THEME Birthday parties @ Studio: $100 paid to teacher, $50 paid to studio.4 hour block (2 hour party, 1 hour set-up &decorations, 1 hour clean up). Call Ms. Terrie during morning business hours: 799-3223. Need a large space to rent? T.I.M. offers the dance rooms for parties, meetings, classes, etc. ($25 per hour)
All Monthly studio information is sent via email to the address provided on the dancer’s registration forms. Please check spam/junk folders and approve us to ensure you are receiving T.I.M. School of Dance email. All studio information and updates are sent via email.
Monthly Studio Tuition is due the first lesson of each month. Each tuition payment is the same regardless of the amount of lessons in a given month or attendance. An absence is not an excuse for late payment and the late fee of $25.00 is enforced. All tuition payments are considered late if not paid by the 10th of each month. Please indicate dancer’s name on the payment, especially if dancer’s last name is not the same as the parents. Please attempt to bring exact cash payments otherwise we will credit the dancer’s accounts for the following month.
Monthly tuition reminders will be sent to all studio families via email. Statements will also be sent via email or regular mail to those past due accounts. If tuition is two months past due the student will not be allowed to participate in class until account is paid in full.
Techniques In Motion ONLINE Payments: Each dance family is now be able to log into a customer portal on the T.I.M. Website www.techniquesinmotion.com to view and pay on dance account. Check spam folders if you do not receive email confirmation with password. Emails would be coming from Jackrabbit. Go to: www.techniquesinmotion.com, Click on “Pay Online”, Click “don’t know password”, Enter Email, Password will be sent to your email address on file from firstname.lastname@example.org. May take 5-10 minutes. Go back to www.techniquesinmotion.com, Click on “Pay Online”, Enter email address & password and click “Sign on”, Click on “My Account”, Check Credit Card and enter info Click “SAVE”, Click on “Fees & Payments”. It will tell you how much you owe and etc. Click on “Make Payment”, Enter Payment Amount and hit Submit. Email Confirmation will be sent to Ms. Terrie. There is a $2 Processing/Fraud Protection fee applied to all online/credit card payments.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING DANCE ACCOUNTS!!!! Upon Enrollment into Dance Classes: ALL DANCE ACCOUNTS MUST HAVE A CURRENT & VALID CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD ON ACCOUNT. PLEASE SEE RECEPTIONIST OR CALL DANCE SCHOOL DURING MORNING BUSINESS HOURS 11-2 TO UPDATE ACCOUNTS.
TIM SCHOOL OF DANCE WILL PROCESS A CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD PAYMENT FOR MONTHLY TUITION WITH INFORMATION ON FILE FOR ALL PAST DUE DANCE ACCOUNTS NOT PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO THE 15TH OF EACH MONTH. TIM will issue a $25 late fee and the CC on file will be processed for balance owed. $2 PROCESSING FEE WILL APPLY.
If you already have a CC on file….Thank you! If not or if the CC needs to be updated please log onto your TIM Dance account @ www.techniquesinmotion.com or contact TIM to add or update CC info.
We are also offering the option of reoccurring automatic payments. If interested please contact Ms. Terrie with the following credit card information: Visa, Master Card, Acct number, Exp date, Name as it appears on card. Other acceptable forms of payment: Cash, Check, Money Order. May also continue to mail payments, pay receptionist or drop in payment box in studio lobby.
Monthly news is available to all students enrolled at T.I.M. School of Dance. Please take a moment to read all information provided. This will help to eliminate confusion or missed due dates at a later point. Newsletters, class schedules, announcements, etc. are posted on studio website: www.techniquesinmotion.com, available in studio lobby and distributed via the Email addresses provided on registration forms. Having trouble getting our studio email? Check your spam/junk folders & approve us. ALL studio information & updates are sent via email.
“PRO-Motion”: Throughout the dance season the dance school offers early tuition payment incentives. Please check your emails periodically for details & to qualify for chances to receive such as: Free T.I.M. Car Decals, Free Monthly Classes, Free T.I.M. T-Shirts, Free Recital DVDs, Free Registration, Free Gifts, And more!!!
We value your opinion! So we may better serve you please send us comments, suggestions, thoughts, concerns, etc. regarding your dance experience at TIM, Spring Recital Programs, studio facilities, staff, class schedules or ANYTHING via email through studio website or call us. Please check studio website for Events, Updates, News, Schedules, Registration, Studio Policies, Photos, etc. Questions: call us at 799-3223 during morning business hours or refer to website: www.techniquesinmotion.com or studio handbook distributed upon enrollment. Dance Account Questions: Please contact Ms. Terrie during morning business hours or Receptionist at front desk. Thank you for supporting the business, its dance education curriculum and instructors!
Now Registering for the Summer Session
Registration forms for the 2017 Summer Session can be filled out online or attained at the Techniques In Motion School of Dance. Enroll today!