Shining the Spotlight on our monthly news!
MAY 2017 NEWSLETTER
Address: 5543-100 Carolina Beach Road Wilmington, NC 28412
Voted “Favorite Dance Classes” 2009 by Kidz Ink Readers
A warm welcome is extended to all new & returning TIM students and families for our August-May Dance session. Thank you for supporting the business, its dance education curriculum and instructors!
Sincerely, Ms. Terrie & TIM Staff
**FACEBOOK: Please join our FB Group & Page to “Like” us on Face Book!
**We also have a Tender Techniques FB page to buy & sell tender dance attire & shoes.
Thank you for year of support!
Thank you to all TIM students and dance families for attending our August-May Dance session. As the owner of Techniques In Motion School of Dance, I want to say how much we appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your family. Sincerely, Ms. Terrie
TIM has added a Testimonials page to our website. Please tell us about your experience or the service that you have received at any time. We appreciate your feedback and want to make sure we have met your expectations and provide you with a satisfying dance experience. We ALWAYS welcome your comments, questions or suggestions! Please email testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carolina Shag & East Coast Swing Classes
Carolina Shag & East Coast Swing Classes
- Instructor Patricia Carver Garcia
- Mondays 715 pm 6 week program
- One hour Class starting April 17. No partner necessary!
- Ages 16 & up welcome
- Fee$100 PER COUPLE (one of each gender) or $60 per person
- Payable cash or check to Patricia Carver Garcia
- Get Fit for Summer and Have Fun!
- Learning the Basics and Beyond of Carolina Shag and East Coast Swing !!!
- Come Dance with us to your favorite Beach and Boogie Music
“CAUGHT IN THE ACT” OF MOTION: UNSUNG HEROES
Each month we will recognize any person of any age in our studio environment, family member, dancers, friend, parent, etc. that we may have “Caught in the act” of kindness in our studio environment. The UNSUNG HEROES of the dance school that demonstrate random acts of genuine kindness or generosity to others. These people do not usually receive public recognition but their giving souls’ contributions are truly appreciated. This month’s UNSUNG HEROS are Jazmin Garcia & Emily Horrell for helping to clean the lobby.
Techniques In Motion Company Team members raised $580 for Adopt An Angel at the Power of Dance Competition. Today some of them presented the award winning and designed by Catherine & Mark Szuch dog house to the organization along with some goodies for the angels. http://www.adoptanangel.net/. Adopt an ANGEL has no real shelter. It is a foster home network. Please visit the homeless animals at Petco during weekend adoption fairs. They are at Petco on S. College Rd in Wilmington, NC every Sat and Sun from 11-5. You may also visit with a sample of our cats at Petco, Pet Supermarket in Wilmington or at PetSense in both Wilmington and Shallotte. Cats and kittens are in these stores 7 days a week.
Happy May Birthdays!
- Kendall Stred 5/1
- Ruby Blount 5/2
- Ava Delong 5/4
- Samantha Boomershine 5/5
- Emma Burch 5/7
- Leah Whitaker 5/7
- Kadence Youngs 5/7
- Jillian Lancaster 5/8
- Solenne Sargent 5/8
- Brooke Coptsias 5/10
- Ashlyn Aliff 5/12
- Gwendalyn Schoenick 5/12
- Skylar Davis 5/13
- Elana Derrick 5/14
- Paul Greiner 5/14
- Miss Whitney 5/14
- Cora Blount 5/15
- Ema Pollock 5/15
- Kate Holland 5/17
- Jelissa Mathis 5/19
- Hannah Ragon 5/19
- Dulcinea Garcia 5/20
- Faith Stevenson 5/20
- Mackenzie Royall 5/21
- Dylan Szuch 5/22
- Avery Walker 5/24
- Jordan Gates 5/25
- Chloe Conti 5/26
- Sara Mallalieu 5/26
- Miss Katia 5/26
- Mary Small 5/27
- Mia Hope Davis 5/29
- Shanna Rizzo 5/31
Support your TIM Dancer
Please see receptionist to place orders for all TIM Merchandise
- NEW TIM HATS!!!! ON DISPLAY IN STUDIO LOBBY $20 EACH
- TIM Water bottles $5.00 each Personalized with dancers name for an additional $3. Cash only please. (LIMITED SUPPLY)
- TIM T-shirts: Sample shirts on display. $25.00 each all styles & sizes
- Ladies V-neck sizes available S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Girls V-neck size available XS, S, M, L, XLC
- Adult Crew sizes available S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL, 4XL
- Boys Crew sizes available S, M, L
- TIM Dance bags: $5 each
- Car Decals to support your TIM Dancer
- Choose design from options posted on bulletin board. Place order at front desk with receptionist with design & name desired (For example: dancer’s name, dancer mom, dancer dad, dance family, etc).
- Any name possible! $10 each or 2 for $15
Azalea Festival Parade!
It takes a Village to be in a Parade! Thank you to everyone who helped to make this years Azalea Festival Parade successful! The decorators & undecorators, Courtney Winter, Jay & Kady Taylor , Anita Blessing Vachon, Catherine Szuch, Wendy Fiske Fantini, Kelly Bourgeois, Brooke Sellers, Nancy Leli, Joseph Lian for driving us, Charles Auten for guiding me on my first time setting up the stereo system and Mark Szuch for being there for anything & everything, TIM Staff: Miss Shannon Clark, Miss Hannah Fowler, Miss Whitney Glenn, Mrs. Jennifer Spivey Grooms, Mrs. Malinda Farmer Hall Miss Ashley Batson & Miss Katia Holliday for the choreography, Southern Sign Company for the new banners, Erin Maher & Steve for the TIM T-shirts & Hats, TIM Company team members, All Riders & Walkers, all TIM dance families & dancers and TIM parents who captured the fun!!!! You are all Rock Stars!!!!
Upcoming Date Announcements
- Recital Group & Individual Photo Session May 5 & 6. – See Schedule posted here.
- Techniques in Motion School of Dance 2018 Calendar – RESCHEDULED FOR MAY 8-13. Long time studio supporter & photographer Ms. Kathleen O’Sullivan of katophotographywilm will be in all dance classes taking photos to be used for a 2018 Techniques In Motion Calendar. If you would like for your dancer to have an opportunity to be in the calendar please make sure they are in proper dance attire with no logos (male dancers please wear solid shirts & pants) and hair secured from face. All who participate must be enrolled in TIM Dance classes, parents will be asked to complete a model release form and will be entered into a drawing to receive a FREE Calendar! Drawing will be held after calendars are complete. TBD You may opt out of having your dancers picture taken by tying a red ribbon of any sort around their wrist so she will know not photograph them. To view some of her work please visit katophotographywilm.com. Sample calendar located in lobby.
- Recital Ads Recital Program Ads Due Friday May 12. Ad forms ready at front desk on April 17th. More information at later date.
- Techniques In Motion School of Dance Spring Recital 2017 – May 25-27, 2017 – For detailed Spring Recital Program Information please go here.
- TIM Performing Company Auditions 2017-2018 Team – Company Auditions will be held at the dance school May 30th & 31st. Auditions are for Junior and Elite levels for Tap, Jazz, Contemporary and/or Hip-Hop Companies. Must Audition in Ballet in order to have membership in Jazz, Tap, and/or Contemporary. For the Ballet audition, you must wear a leotard, tights, ballet shoes, and hair secured away from face. No ballet audition is required for Hip Hop company. All Mini and Petite levels are by invitation only. Must receive a new invite to remain on team. Invites will go out early May. If you are interested in speaking with instructors about placement next season, please feel free to send us email to set up appointment.
- Techniques In Motion School of Dance Summer Dance 2017 – Current dance season ends at Recital but we do offer Summer Dance classes!
- June 5-July 28
- Schedules now available at front desk and online registration is also available.
- Recreational Summer programs offer the opportunity to try a new discipline or continue training, make new friends & stay in shape.
- Classes offered: Technique Classes, *Discovery Motion (Age 2 tap & ballet), *Tumble In Motion (Acrobatics Ages 2-3), *Hippity Hop (Preschool Hip-Hop Ages 3-5), *Hip-Hop (Krumping, Locking & Popping), *Ballroom (Latin, Rhythm, Swing & Senior), *Improv (Jazz, Contemporary, Tap Accents, Performance Hip-Hop), *Boys ONLY Hip-Hop, *Beginner Cheerleading, *Musical Theatre, *Contemporary, *Open Ballet, *Acrobatics, *Lyrical, *Ballet, *Jazz, *Tap
“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
Techniques In Motion School of Dance Spring Recital 2017 | May 25-27, 2017
MANDATORY DRESS REHEARSAL THURSDAY MAY 25 AT KENAN AUDITORIUM FOR ALL DANCERS PERFORMING IN SPRING RECITAL
- Show # 1 Friday May 26 @ 530pm dancers will rehearse on Thursday May 25 from 4-530
- Show # 2 Saturday May 27 @ 1pm dancers will rehearse on Thursday May 25 from 530-7
- Show #3 May 27 @ 530pm will rehearse on Thursday May 25 from 7-830
Spring Recital & Rehearsal Programs are posted on bulletin board, FB & on studio website. Class emails have been sent to all dance families with costumes, shoe, hair details & rehearsal & recital performance numbers.
See our Recital Program Lineup here.
THIS MONTH THE DANCE CLASSES WILL BE PERFORMING FOR ONE ANOTHER.
The dancers love this time of year where they can show their routine to other classes. This also helps the newest & youngest dancers to get comfortable performing in front an audience before recital.
Spring Recital Ads for Programs:
Each year we plan our Program Book for the Techniques In Motion School of Dance Annual Spring Recital! Deadline for ad submissions is May 12. If you own a business or know someone who does this is a very inexpensive form of advertising! You may also purchase a “Congratulations” ad to say “Good Luck” or “Break A Leg” to your favorite dancers. Our recitals are always sold out and Kenan Auditorium holds 1000 per show!!! If you have any questions please call Ms. Terrie @ 799-3223 or email email@example.com. Order forms available in studio lobby. Samples from last years recital are on bulletin board. Payment and order form due by May 12.
Spring Recital DVDs:
DVDs of all recitals are offered by Rising Tide Pictures. Order forms distributed in costume bags and available in studio lobby. Please return forms to receptionist.
DANCE PHOTOS @ RECITAL
Available the day of your childs recital May 26 and May 37 for ALL 3 SHOWS. Simply stop by the photo area (located in lobby of Kenan Auditorium), pose, pay and immediately receive your print (s)! P3 will be set up taking photos 30 minutes before shows begin and will remain setup for the entire first part of the show until intermission. Each photo is 4X6 and pricing is $5 for each print or $12 for 3 prints. Call Courtney with any questions (910) 688-3433 or email her at Courtney@EventsbyP3.com
TIM Performing Company Auditions 2017-2018 Team
Company Auditions will be held at the dance school May 30th & 31st. Auditions are for Junior and Elite levels for Tap, Jazz, Contemporary and/or Hip-Hop Companies. Must Audition in Ballet in order to have membership in Jazz, Tap, and/or Contemporary. For the Ballet audition, you must wear a leotard, tights, ballet shoes, and hair secured away from face. No ballet audition is required for Hip Hop company. All Mini and Petite levels are by invitation only. Must receive a new invite to remain on team. Invites will go out early May. If you are interested in speaking with instructors about placement next season, please feel free to send us email to set up appointment. 2017-2018 TIM Competition Team Audition Information ONLY!
The T.I.M. competition teams were established to give those students who expressed a “more than recreational” intensive interest in their dance and their dance studies the opportunity to do so. Company members are those students who have excelled throughout the dance year and/or possess the maturity and character necessary to handle dance instruction at this level. We do our best to encourage the student to be the best they can be however much of the dancer’s advancement lies with the dancer and how much they practice. As with any extracurricular activity that encourages personal growth and self-confidence, learning a structured art form requires loyalty and passion from each student and loving support & encouragement from each parent.
To be a member of the competition team, we do have requirements and a code of conduct that must be followed by each dancer. Regular attendance is a must and practice outside of class is essential. If you have any questions about our Performing Company, please contact us at (910)799-3223 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or see receptionist for a handout. Thank you for your support in T.I.M.
Audition Workshops: Free of Charge- Tuesday May 30th
- 4:15-4:30 Junior Contemporary
- 4:30-4:45 Junior Jazz
- 4:30-4:45 Elite Contemporary
- 4:45-5:00 Junior Tap
- 4:45-5:00 Elite Jazz
- 5:00-5:15 Junior Ballet
- 5:00-5:15 Elite Tap
- 5:15-5:30 Junior Hip Hop
- 5:15-5:30 Elite Ballet
- 5:30-5:45 Elite Hip Hop
The Ballet audition is required for all members acquiring membership in the Tap, Jazz, and/or Contemporary companies. Must wear a leotard, tights, ballet shoes, and hair secured from face for ballet audition. No Ballet audition required for Hip Hop Company.
Wednesday May 31st: Junior Audition 4:30-7:00 Elite Audition 7:00-9:30
Company Requirements for the 2017-2018 Competition Season: 4 Competitions 1Workshop
- Mini- Invite Only: Ballet, Tap, Jazz, & Hip Hop Weekly Summer Intensives
- Petite- Invite Only: Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, & Hip Hop Weekly Summer Intensives
- Junior Level: Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, & Hip Hop Weekly Summer Intensives
- Elite Level: Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, & Hip Hop Weekly Summer Intensives
Be a TIM “Wish Champion” Make A Wish 2017
Please help us achieve our goal to grant a single wish for a child in Eastern NC battling life-threatening medical conditions!!!! To make a wish come true Donate by visiting TIM Make A Wish page or make any monetary donation at the front desk and receive a MAKE A WISH STAR with your dancers name proudly displayed in studio so all may see your families support!!!
If interested in products to promote a healthier lifestyle for you or your children please visit website: juiceplus.com, see information in studio lobby or email Mrs. Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scentsy offers a safer alternate to traditional candles! No flame, No smoke, No soot & No lead! All of our wax is made with Food grade paraffin wax and all products are gluten, toxic and animal cruelty free!! Scentsy now has so much more to offer other than wax & warmers!! Located at the front of the studio are Catalogs for you to browse, Samples for you to try & business cards! For any product questions– contact Miss Hayley directly or grab a business card with all of her information on it!! (910) 431-5434
Additional Studio Services
DANCE THEME Birthday parties @ Studio: $100 paid to teacher, $50 paid to studio.4 hour block (2 hour party, 1 hour set-up &decorations, 1 hour clean up). Call Ms. Terrie during morning business hours: 799-3223. Need a large space to rent? T.I.M. offers the dance rooms for parties, meetings, classes, etc. ($25 per hour)
All Monthly studio information is sent via email to the address provided on the dancer’s registration forms. Please check spam/junk folders and approve us to ensure you are receiving T.I.M. School of Dance email. All studio information and updates are sent via email.
Monthly Studio Tuition is due the first lesson of each month. Each tuition payment is the same regardless of the amount of lessons in a given month or attendance. An absence is not an excuse for late payment and the late fee of $25.00 is enforced. All tuition payments are considered late if not paid by the 10th of each month. Please indicate dancer’s name on the payment, especially if dancer’s last name is not the same as the parents. Please attempt to bring exact cash payments otherwise we will credit the dancer’s accounts for the following month.
Monthly tuition reminders will be sent to all studio families via email. Statements will also be sent via email or regular mail to those past due accounts. If tuition is two months past due the student will not be allowed to participate in class until account is paid in full.
Techniques In Motion ONLINE Payments: Each dance family is now be able to log into a customer portal on the T.I.M. Website www.techniquesinmotion.com to view and pay on dance account. Check spam folders if you do not receive email confirmation with password. Emails would be coming from Jackrabbit. Go to: www.techniquesinmotion.com, Click on “Pay Online”, Click “don’t know password”, Enter Email, Password will be sent to your email address on file from email@example.com. May take 5-10 minutes. Go back to www.techniquesinmotion.com, Click on “Pay Online”, Enter email address & password and click “Sign on”, Click on “My Account”, Check Credit Card and enter info Click “SAVE”, Click on “Fees & Payments”. It will tell you how much you owe and etc. Click on “Make Payment”, Enter Payment Amount and hit Submit. Email Confirmation will be sent to Ms. Terrie. There is a $2 Processing/Fraud Protection fee applied to all online/credit card payments.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING DANCE ACCOUNTS!!!! Upon Enrollment into Dance Classes: ALL DANCE ACCOUNTS MUST HAVE A CURRENT & VALID CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD ON ACCOUNT. PLEASE SEE RECEPTIONIST OR CALL DANCE SCHOOL DURING MORNING BUSINESS HOURS 11-2 TO UPDATE ACCOUNTS.
TIM SCHOOL OF DANCE WILL PROCESS A CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD PAYMENT FOR MONTHLY TUITION WITH INFORMATION ON FILE FOR ALL PAST DUE DANCE ACCOUNTS NOT PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO THE 15TH OF EACH MONTH. TIM will issue a $25 late fee and the CC on file will be processed for balance owed. $2 PROCESSING FEE WILL APPLY.
If you already have a CC on file….Thank you! If not or if the CC needs to be updated please log onto your TIM Dance account @ www.techniquesinmotion.com or contact TIM to add or update CC info.
We are also offering the option of reoccurring automatic payments. If interested please contact Ms. Terrie with the following credit card information: Visa, Master Card, Acct number, Exp date, Name as it appears on card. Other acceptable forms of payment: Cash, Check, Money Order. May also continue to mail payments, pay receptionist or drop in payment box in studio lobby.
Monthly news is available to all students enrolled at T.I.M. School of Dance. Please take a moment to read all information provided. This will help to eliminate confusion or missed due dates at a later point. Newsletters, class schedules, announcements, etc. are posted on studio website: www.techniquesinmotion.com, available in studio lobby and distributed via the Email addresses provided on registration forms. Having trouble getting our studio email? Check your spam/junk folders & approve us. ALL studio information & updates are sent via email.
“PRO-Motion”: Throughout the dance season the dance school offers early tuition payment incentives. Please check your emails periodically for details & to qualify for chances to receive such as: Free T.I.M. Car Decals, Free Monthly Classes, Free T.I.M. T-Shirts, Free Recital DVDs, Free Registration, Free Gifts, And more!!!
We value your opinion! So we may better serve you please send us comments, suggestions, thoughts, concerns, etc. regarding your dance experience at TIM, Spring Recital Programs, studio facilities, staff, class schedules or ANYTHING via email through studio website or call us. Please check studio website for Events, Updates, News, Schedules, Registration, Studio Policies, Photos, etc. Questions: call us at 799-3223 during morning business hours or refer to website: www.techniquesinmotion.com or studio handbook distributed upon enrollment. Dance Account Questions: Please contact Ms. Terrie during morning business hours or Receptionist at front desk. Thank you for supporting the business, its dance education curriculum and instructors!
Now Registering for the Summer Session
Registration forms for the 2017 Summer Session can be filled out online or attained at the Techniques In Motion School of Dance. Enroll today!