Attire and Shoe Requirement
The following color and style of clothing and shoes listed below are required for all dancers at Techniques in Motion. Please be sure you adhere to this policy for both recreational and company programs. You can additionally visit our parent handbook for detail information if needed.
- Leotards and tights of any color and style are required.
- Underwear is not necessary with leotards and tights.
- Tap & Jazz students may wear jazz pants over leotard and tights.
- Hip-Hop students may wear jazz pants over leotard or shorts & T-shirts.
- Jeans or revealing clothing, etc., are not acceptable.
- Hair must be secured away from the face.
- No excessive jewelry should be worn to class.
- Male dancers should wear loose fitting clothing for all dance classes to allow for stretching. For male ballet dancers: form fitting pants & sleeveless tank.
- Adult students should wear comfortable clothing.
Shoe requirements are stated below and most may be purchased at Dance Exchange (4406 Wrightsville Avenue, Wilmington, NC 28403; #793-3116), or online. All shoes should be clearly marked with child’s first and last names and should not be worn outside the studio.
- Tap Class: Tan Merry Jane
- Ballet Class: Pink ballet slippers
- Jazz Class: Tan Slip on Jazz Boot
- Tap Class: Black Oxford Split Sole
- Ballet Class: Pink split-sole
- Jazz Class: Black Slip on Jazz Boot
- Acrobatics & Tumble: No shoes
- Hip Hop, Hippity Hop, Boys Only (all levels): Any Black sneaker
- Lyrical/Contemporary & Technique: Nude Capezio Foot Undez or Barefoot
- Pointe: See Instructor
- Danceabilities: See Instructor
- Male shoe requirements: Black ballet shoes, Black oxford tap shoes, Black jazz shoes
Registration forms may be completed online here: