Reintegration PolicyIn the wake of COVID we have a detailed policy for reintegration. Please familiarize yourself with our policy below.
Techniques in Motion School of Dance Reintegration Policy
For fully vaccinated students & staff ages 12 & up, masks are optional. For non-vaccinated students & staff askes are required.
As part of our updated policies, we will no longer do temperature checks. Hand sanitizer will e available for all staff & students. We appreciate your compliance. As always, if you or your dancer are not feeling well, please stay home & use the Facebook Live option for class.
Unfortunately, with the new widespread Covid variant & increase of numbers in our area, we are not quite ready to allow parents or guardians inside the dance school. We are continuing to offer FB live classes & COMING SOON we will be offering a new service with Spot TV!! Spot TV will keep families connected and involved with their dancer’s education without the foot traffic or distractions & will limit the number of persons of all ages in the observation hallway that could get infected. DETAILS TBA
We have been following CDC guidelines and local recommendations to the best of our ability. The studio will be cleaned and sanitized regularly. Please review these guidelines with your dancer & be sure to inform all other parents, guardians, friends, or family members that may bring your student to class of the below stated new policies. This situation is constantly evolving and changing so please pay close attention to studio emails and our social media to be notified of any changes.
Please read over the precautions & watch our reintegration video. It is our mission to keep ALL dancers & TIM Staff safe! This may be a different experience for everyone, but we are striving in every way possible to make this positive & successful! With your cooperation the studio can continue to operate safely!
PLEASE TAKE A minute to review the Reintegration Video below & inform everyone dropping dancers off and picking them up.
Please continue to check your email and the studios social media for changes and updates.
*NOTE: These policies may be adjusted depending on class size and CDC guidelines. Please understand that this could change due to the future weeks with COVID-19. We will keep you updated via email with any changes as they come. We want to ensure you that we have done everything within our power to provide dance instruction as safely as possible. We have trustworthy teachers and staff who prioritize the health and safety of your dancers. Again, please discuss these new polices with your dancer and anyone who may bring or pick up your dancer from the studio.
Bringing dancers into class:
– The parent /guardian will wait with the dancer for the class to begin in the line that is in front of the door in which the dancer will enter for class. For example, if the dancers’ class is in the 3rd dance room, they will stand outside in the line in front of dance room #3.
– The front section of the parking lot and drive through area will be closed off to allow room for social distancing. Please drive safely!
– Young dancers (ages 6 and younger) or dancers requiring additional assistance will need to have ONE parent or guardian wait with them outside until their class time; all other dancers can wait in line with or without a parent or guardian depending on their comfort level. In the event of rain, we will adjust studio entry protocol.
– Students should arrive already wearing their dance attire but have dance shoes in a personal bag upon arrival. All other dance shoes should be in students dance bag.
– When entering the studio all students will receive hand sanitizer; please notify us of any allergies, handwashing can be offered in place of sanitizer.
– Dancers will be appropriately distanced from each other during class time; with marks on the floor indicating appropriate places to stand.
– Dancers will have no physical contact; any props in classroom will be disinfected after each use.
– Dancers will be provided a spot to place their dance bags and other belongings along the classroom walls to allow social distancing.
– Parents please arrive promptly at the pickup zone in the back alley behind the dance school.
– Dancers will be exiting out of the back doors to maintain social distancing and to allow the next class to come into the front door.
– The instructor will escort the students to the pick-up zone, while assistants are preparing studio for next class.
– If students have back to back classes and are moving to another classroom the dancer will be escorted by a TIM staff member into their next classroom; if the dancer requires help changing shoes, the instructor will disinfect hands before & after assistance
– If dancer has a break in-between classes, the parent or guardian will be required to pick student up and wait with them until next class.
– If a student is not picked up on time an employee/assistant will escort them to the outside front desk where they will wait with the desk receptionist
RECREATIONAL classes will be on FB live during their class time. NO LONGER OFFERING FB LIVE FOR COMPETITION TEAM CLASSES. Dance Parents or Guardians may ask to be added to the private group or groups for the classes their dancers are enrolled in to observe their dancers’ class or if the dancer is absent from class, they can take the class from home. If the dancer is observing class remotely, please contact us so we will record them present. These classes will NOT remain on that FB group page for future use. Each group is private to protect the privacy of our teachers and students.
This is being offered as a courtesy to our dance families, but please be aware that there could be technical or FB difficulties and we may not be able to assist you during your dancer’s class time.
How to Join:
1. Type in the title of class exactly as listed on our class schedule in Jackrabbit or on studio website into Facebook search bar: Title of Class-TIM for example Acro 1-TIM
2. Once you see the group you are looking for request to join and one of us will approve you.
We want to assure you that we have done everything within our power to provide dance instruction as safely as possible. We have trustworthy teachers and staff who prioritize the health and safety of your dancers. Again, please discuss these new policies with your dancer and anyone who may bring or pick up your dancer from the studio.
These new policies will be effective Monday August 2, 2021
Tuition will be the same for dancers continuing to take classes with us virtually & not in the studio. Monthly Tuition/Registration fees: Any cash or check payment should be brought in a sealed envelope; card payment is preferred.
Please continue to check your email and the studios social media for changes and updates. Thank you for your support, patience & cooperation! We look forward to seeing everyone soon, but in the meantime, we hope this finds you and your loved ones safe. *NOTE: These policies may be adjusted depending on class size and CDC guidelines. Please understand that this could change due to the future weeks with COVID-19. We will keep you updated via email with any changes as they come.
Thank you for your support, patience & cooperation! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me @ email@example.com
**Please watch our reintegration video for more information:
**********Correction – video states that masks are suggested, but they are required per state mandate**********