Azalea Festival Parade 2019
Techniques In Motion School of Dance families are invited to join us in the Azalea Festival Parade Downtown Wilmington Saturday April 6, 2019.
Calling all volunteer riders, walkers & dancers to SIGN UP at front desk to participate. TIM School of Dance will have an entry in the Annual Azalea Festival Parade on Saturday April 6. We invite all dance families, parents, siblings and of course students of all ages to join us. VOLUNTEERS also needed for Friday April 5: to decorate and help with the parade this year. If interested, please sign up at front desk
YOU can join the fun! Read more on how:
Sign-up sheet, release & permission forms and info are located at the reception desk and below. A parent or guardian for every student (under 18) participating in the parade must have permission slips signed. The truck & driver are donated by J & E Carriers free of charge, but we ask all participants to make a $5 CASH per person donation to be given to the driver for his time & gas.
FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY ALL WALKERS, RIDERS, DANCERS, ETC MUST REPRESENT STUDIO BY WEARING DANCE SCHOOL SHIRTS OF ANY STYLE.
- All Participants MUST wear a TIM shirt of any style along with black pants or black shorts (with no logos). All ages are welcome to ride! Parents may walk or ride.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS must wear a TIM shirt. We have some T-shirts in lobby. If you don’t see the size needed, please place order with receptionist by March 15th.
- Payment must made at the time of order. $25 each
**RIDERS NEEDED: All ages, parents, siblings, students, friends, etc. are welcome!
This year we are adding Tap!!! Tap & Hip-Hop DANCERS NEEDED: AGE 8-10 will dance ON the truck & 11 -up with dance Hip-Hop only around the truck. Routines will be choreographed by Miss Ashley & Miss Jessica. To learn the dance or dances students must attend FREE classes at TIM School of Dance on these dates & times only!
If your age 8- up dancer is interested in performing the dance routines during the parade route they are required to attend these dates & times to learn the routine.
Azalea Festival Parade Practices for Dancers (only need to attend if dancing):
- Friday March 8th 6:30-8:30pm
- Sunday March 24th 1-3pm
- Friday April 5th 6:30-8:30pm
Permission slips are required for all riders, walkers & dancers under 18 years of age. Detailed times & directions will be provided as soon as we receive from the Parade committee.
ALL parade participants:
- Have permission slips completed, signed and deposited into payment box in studio lobby ALONG WITH THE $5 CASH DONATION FOR THE DRIVER. Permission slips must be returned to studio prior to April 5th.
- Due to the safety of all involved ANYONE riding on truck, dancing on or behind the truck, walking beside the truck MUST wear a TIM T-shirt. All representatives from dance school must be labeled as such. If parents, friends, siblings, etc are just going to ride they must have on a studio t-shirt.
- Leave parade participant with us at designated time & location (TBA by parade office). We suggest you observe the parade event from an area closet to end of parade route so to retrieve parade participant immediately after TIM has completed the route.
- Please complete permission slips (available at the front desk) & return to studio along with cash donation for the driver no later than Friday April 15th.
Registration forms may be completed online here: