Azalea Festival Parade 2023
Techniques In Motion School of Dance families are invited to join us in the Azalea Festival Parade Downtown Wilmington Saturday April 15, 2023.
Calling all volunteer riders, walkers & dancers to SIGN UP at front desk to participate!!
TIM School of Dance will have an entry in the Annual Azalea Festival Parade on Saturday April 15. We invite all dance families, parents, siblings and of course students of all ages to join us!
YOU can join the fun! Read more on how:
Adults will no longer be able to ride on the truck, please walk beside truck so we have more room for the dancers & young riders.
Sign- up sheet, release & permission forms and info are located at the reception desk and below. A parent or guardian for every student (under 18) participating in the parade must have permission slips signed. J & E Carriers donate the truck & driver free of charge, but we ask all participants to make a $5 CASH PER PERSON donation, along with Permission Slip, to be given to the driver for his time & gas.
FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY ALL WALKERS, RIDERS, DANCERS, ETC MUST REPRESENT STUDIO BY WEARING DANCE SCHOOL SHIRTS OF ANY STYLE. All Participants MUST wear a TIM shirt of any style along with black pants or black shorts (with no logos). All ages are welcome to ride! Parents may walk or ride. ALL PARTICIPANTS must wear a TIM shirt. Please see Miss Ava or at the reception desk to purchase a T-shirt.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for Friday April 14th to decorate and help with the parade this year. If interested, please sign up at reception desk.
RIDERS NEEDED: All ages, parents, siblings, students, friends, etc. are welcome!
Funky Jazz & Hip Hop DANCERS NEEDED: AGE 8-10 will dance ON the truck & 11 -up will dance around the truck. Miss Jessica will choreograph routines. To learn the dance or dances students must attend FREE classes @ TIM School of Dance on these dates & times only!
If your age 8- up dancer is interested in performing the dance routines during the parade route they are required to attend these dates & times to learn the routine. If they are just riding, there is no need to attend these rehearsals.
Azalea Festival Parade Practices for Dancers (only need to attend if dancing):
- Friday March 3rd: 630-730pm Ages 8-10 years old/630-8pm Ages 11 & up
- Friday March 17th: 630-730pm Ages 8-10 years old/630-8pm Ages 11 & up
- Friday March 24th: 630-730pm Ages 8-10 years old/630-8pm Ages 11 & up
- Friday April 7th: 630-730pm Ages 8-10 years old/630-8pm Ages 11 & up
- Dancers must attend at least two of the rehearsals to participate in the parade as a dancer.
Permission slips are required for all riders, walkers & dancers under 18 years of age. Detailed times & directions will be provided as soon as we receive from the Parade committee.
ALL parade participants:
- Have permission slips completed, signed and deposited into payment box in studio lobby ALONG WITH THE $5 CASH DONATION FOR THE DRIVER. Permission slips available below & in studio must be returned to studio prior to April 14th.
- Due to the safety of all involved ANYONE riding on truck, dancing on or behind the truck, walking beside the truck MUST wear a TIM T-shirt. All representatives from dance school must be labeled as such. If parents, friends, siblings, etc. are just going to ride they must have on a studio t-shirt.
- Leave parade participant with us at designated time & location (TBA by parade office). We suggest you observe the parade event from an area closet to end of parade route so to retrieve parade participant immediately after TIM has completed the route.
Please complete permission slips (available at the front desk) & return to studio along with cash donation for the driver no later than Friday April 14th
Information from Azalea Festival Parade Office: TBD