Azalea Festival Parade 2022
Techniques In Motion School of Dance families are invited to join us in the Azalea Festival Parade Downtown Wilmington Saturday April 9, 2022.
Calling all volunteer riders, walkers & dancers to SIGN UP at front desk to participate!!
TIM School of Dance will have an entry in the Annual Azalea Festival Parade on Saturday April 9. We invite all dance families, parents, siblings and of course students of all ages to join us!
YOU can join the fun! Read more on how:
Sign- up sheet, release & permission forms and info are located at the reception desk and below. A parent or guardian for every student (under 18) participating in the parade must have permission slips signed. The truck & driver are donated by J & E Carriers free of charge, but we ask all participants to make a $5 CASH per person donation to be given to the driver for his time & gas.
FOR EVERYONES SAFETY ALL WALKERS, RIDERS, DANCERS, ETC MUST REPRESENT STUDIO BY WEARING DANCE SCHOOL SHIRTS OF ANY STYLE. All Participants MUST wear a TIM shirt of any style along with black pants or black shorts (with no logos). All ages are welcome to ride! Parents may walk or ride. ALL PARTICIPANTS must wear a TIM shirt. Please see Miss Ava or Miss Delainey at reception desk.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for Friday April 8th to decorate and help with the parade this year. If interested, please sign up at reception desk
RIDERS NEEDED: All ages, parents, siblings, students, friends, etc are welcome!
Funky Jazz & Hip Hop DANCERS NEEDED: AGE 8-10 will dance ON the truck & 11 -up will dance around the truck. Routines will be choreographed by Miss Jessica. To learn the dance or dances students must attend FREE classes @ TIM School of Dance on these dates & times only!
If your age 8- up dancer is interested in performing the dance routines during the parade route they are required to attend these dates & times to learn the routine. If they are just riding no need to attend these rehearsals.
Azalea Festival Parade Practices for Dancers (only need to attend if dancing):
- Friday March 4th: 630-730pm Ages 8-10 years old/630-8pm Ages 11 & up
- Friday March 18th: 630-730pm Ages 8-10 years old/630-8pm Ages 11 & up
- Friday March 25th: 630-730pm Ages 8-10 years old/630-8pm Ages 11 & up
- Friday April 8th: 630-730pm Ages 8-10 years old/630-8pm Ages 11 & up
- Dancers must attend at least two of the rehearsals to participate in the parade as a dancer.
Permission slips are required for all riders, walkers & dancers under 18 years of age. Detailed times & directions will be provided as soon as we receive from the Parade committee.
ALL parade participants:
- Have permission slips completed, signed and deposited into payment box in studio lobby ALONG WITH THE $5 CASH DONATION FOR THE DRIVER. Permission slips available below & in studio must be returned to studio prior to April 8th.
- Due to the safety of all involved ANYONE riding on truck, dancing on or behind the truck, walking beside the truck MUST wear a TIM T-shirt. All representatives from dance school must be labeled as such. If parents, friends, siblings, etc are just going to ride they must have on a studio t-shirt.
- Leave parade participant with us at designated time & location (TBA by parade office). We suggest you observe the parade event from an area closet to end of parade route so to retrieve parade participant immediately after TIM has completed the route.
Please complete permission slips (available at the front desk) & return to studio along with cash donation for the driver no later than Friday April 8th
Information from Azalea Festival Parade Office:
2022 NORTH CAROLINA AZALEA FESTIVAL PARADE Saturday, April 9, 2022 9:30am-11:30am. TECHNIQUES IN MOTION SCHOOL OF DANCE IS # TBA IN THE PARADE.
Beginning at 6:30 am Parade Marshals will move us into proper position on 3rd street. Meet at truck no later than 830am. The parade route is approximately 1.1 miles long and takes about 45 minutes to complete. It is straight up 3rd St from Market St to Bladen Street .
TIM unit will be lined up (TBA) on Third Street and participants should walk to meet. There will be an information booth at 3rd and Nunn St. where participants can receive assistance finding our unit.
A lot of streets will be closed the morning of the parade. Passes will be available at studio front desk & will only grant you temporary access to the area, just long enough to drop participants off. We recommend that participants carpool and be dropped off. We have a drop off area close to the staging area at 4th and Ann St. and you will need a drop off pass for your vehicle to enter. PLEASE SEE MISS AVA OR MISS. DELAINEY AT FRONT DESK FOR A DROP OFF PASS (Have not yet received from parade office) There is no parking in this area vehicles will be routed back out. BARRICADE PASSES ARE NEEDED FOR DROPPING OFF PARTICIPANTS CLOSE TO STAGING AREA. We recommend that walkers and riders park in the parking deck BUT LARGE GROUPS SUCH AS US CAN BE DROPPED OFF CLOSER WITH THE SPECIAL BARRICADE PASS. As soon as we receive additional information from parade office we will pass along.
PARKING: You will not be able to park anywhere around the drop off location. The Azalea Festival nor Techniques In Motion are responsible for any fines due to towing, tickets, etc.
1. Parking Decks on 2nd – We recommend parking in the parking decks on 2nd Street. These can be accessed via Princess Street until 9:00 am. Please refer to map for directions. You will not be able to exit parking decks until after the Parade.
2. St. Mary’s Church will be charging a fee for parking on 5th and Nun St.
3. There are also some paid lots near the unloading area.
END OF PARADE:
Our truck will stop BRIEFLY to unload TIM students at the end of the route on 3rd Street close to Harnett Street and then we must move on north to exit downtown to a Float Breakdown location. We recommend families watch parade near the end of the route so that as soon as TIM truck passes by you can follow truck (on the sidewalk) to IMMEDIATELY retrieve participants.
Most importantly, have a great time! We are excited you are a part of the North Carolina Azalea Festival Parade!
Registration forms may be completed online here: